Friday 12 August 2011

Little Miss Sunshine

Sometimes we're all guilty of not looking after ourselves proper, grabbing food that nourishes the hunger pangs but does little for your soul.

My Sister has just given birth to a beautiful baby boy, Nate, who is more demanding than Lady Gaga on a world tour, which leaves little time for her to think about herself. Ever free minute is taken up with feeding, changing or power napping ready for the next round of feeding, changing...

I'd just returned home from a city break with a massive head cold and was feeling less than rosy, so once I was back on my feet I decided it was time to fight back with some seriously wholesome food, and within a day or two Sue's Splendid Superfood Soiree was created.


My Sister, my Mum and me sat down and enjoyed a little relaxed lunch (even Nate did his part and slept throughout) while boosting our vitamin stocks, recharging our energy levels and generally putting a spring back in our step.


The day's menu was based around fresh, tasty ingredients and each dish had an accompanying info card to explain it's superfood status.

Thanks to a inspiration from A Sweet Pea Chef for the non-alcoholic cocktail recipe and BBC Food for salad inspiration, oh and Jade (via Nigella) for the cake inspiration.



It was a super-success even if I do say so myself :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment