Wednesday 1 February 2012

It was well alright

Firstly apologises for the really bad pun in the title of this post but I do not indulge in that kind of thing very often (well at least not on the blog, but in life thats another matter) and couldn't resist.

I popped out to lunch with a couple of girls at work who I often go out with for w(h)ine and dine to a restaurant called The Well in Clerkenwell.

I have been a few times before and the food is always great, the service lovely and drinks fast flowing and with the offer we got through toptable a bargain too. The food and service was spot on as usual.

I went for a kilo of mussels for my main and they were huge, everyone had longed finished their food and I was still going! They were beautifully cooked in a classic white wine, shallot and garlic sauce which I soaked up with hand cut chips.

My veggie friend went for the tart of artichoke, kale and sheep's cheese and the other decided on the salmon and haddock fishcake with spinach and a poached egg.

We were all stuffed so decided to share a pudding between us and if we had been hungry we would have fought over it as it was so good. Sammy's banoffee pie was a little piece of heaven in an otherwise pretty average day - yum. As always I look forward to our next w(h)ine and dine.

No comments:

Post a Comment