Friday 15 June 2012

Italian Friday Night Dinner


We had a rare Friday night in so I decided to make a little extra effort for dinner. I really wanted to use the huge amount of basil that has been overtaking my herb garden so I thought a really simple salad of mozzarella, really fresh tomatoes, torn basil and olive oil.


We followed this with a prawn, lemon, courgette and spinach risotto, as you can see from the picture it was covered in parmesan - some people frown upon the mix of cheese and seafood but I am not one of them.

We used the Jamie Oliver basic risotto recipe and I fried the courgettes separately and stirred in the prawns and courgettes five minutes before the end, and the spinach and zest of one lemon at the end of the cooking time before serving up with lots of parmesan and more lemon zest.


No comments:

Post a Comment