Monday 5 September 2011

A teeny tiny (but all mine) kitchen

I have been a little quiet on the blog recently as I have been moving in with the boyfriend to a new place, together, just the two of us... So for the first time ever the kitchen is all mine, I have to share with Mat but generally I am in charge of this room. Just to point not because I am a women and this is where I belong but because I love cooking and baking - for me its a big part of me de-stressing and it makes me happy to feed others (and myself for that matter) well.


One of my favourites things about having a kitchen that is mine has been getting out all the bits and bobs I have been saving for a place of our own (up in the Midlands we call it your bottom drawer) and all the new bits we can buy.


So here are some of my kitchen favourites…


The Joseph Joseph index chopping board set, a birthday present from Emily. Colour co-ordinated four board set with symbols for different ingredients - raw meat, fish, veg and cooked food.



Sharp knifes, we have two paring knifes at the moment which are sharp and really great to use, one by Jamie Oliver and by Kuhn Rikon. We are saving up for some more good ones, our ideal would be by global but they are a bit pricey.

All our new cooking utensils from Zeal, non scratch on the pans, sturdy and pretty too.


The Magimix Nespresso coffee maker, very expense when new but was a hand me down from my Auntie to my mom to us. Perfect coffee anytime.



A fan assisted electric oven - no hotspots so all the cookies and cupcakes I have made so far have been evenly cooked and it has a built in timer so I cant forget how long they have been in for.


Joseph Joseph digital scales - I think they maybe another reason the baking has gone so well, precise measurements are a new thing to me but I am enjoying the accuracy. They are really to use and you can measure liquid as well as dry ingredients and the dish is conveniently scooped shape making it easier to pour from.



A lovely moving in present from Emily was a screen printed oven glove - almost too nice to use! The design was by Stuart Gardiner and is of a hand with the words love tattooed on one side and cake on the other.


Nice teacups and wine glasses, nothing really matches but I quite like that.



I also had a lovely moving in present from my team at work, some salt and pepper mills from Cath Kidston that look a little bit like me and the boyfriend.


Our some new pans (we are still waiting for the wok!)have just been delivered. They were a bargain from Achica, a discount website for homewards, so I will let you know what they are like when I have used them!


Even with all these great kitcheny things I am still lusting after a KitchenAid...

No comments:

Post a Comment