Wednesday 24 November 2010

Jade Gets Grilled...

Biggest food loves?
Red Velvet Cupcakes.
Thai Green Curry and Jasmine Rice.
Steak (it has to be rare).


Image via www.hummingbirdbakery.com
Image via www.poorbuthappy.com
Image via www.thekitchn.com

Biggest food loathings?
Celery and Mustard – yuk!




Best meal you cook?
Butternut squash and pancetta risotto, it’s a Jamie Oliver recipe and takes time but is well worth the effort! I also make a mean apple crumble.

Image via www.jamieoliver.com



The kitchen gadget you couldn't live without?
Dualit 88810 hand blender– great for cakes and soups, plus it is pretty! But I quite like the look of this garlic crusher... 



Image via www.pedlars.co.uk


Best childhood food memory?
All the things I used to eat at my nan’s house such as fried bread (in lard), smoked haddock for breakfast and mash potato mountains with ketchup! But my mom was a great cook, chilli con carne, lasagne, dim sum – I was not a fussy eater!

Image via www.makelifedelicious.com



Describe the most amazing meal you've ever eaten?
This is really tricky. I have been to some lovely restaurants (most of the time through work) such as Hakkasan, The Wapping Project, Blanche House and Roast to name a few but its always the people who make it for me! In a little restaurant called Max’s in Kinsale, Ireland I had the best ever mussels for starter and salmon for my main, really fresh and simply cooked whilst on the holiday with family. Then the next was a place called CafĂ© Bern in Amsterdam where me and the boyfriend had our first ever fondue, the restaurant was small and rustic, the staff friendly and so helpful and food really tasty.

Image via www.kinsalerestaurants.com
Image via www.specialbite.com


Favourite TV chef?
Simon Rimmer



Image via www.hellomagazine.com





Favourite regularly visited affordable restaurant?
Wahaca



Image via www.thisislondon.co.uk




The restaurant you'd love to visit?


Image via www.elitechoice.org

2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    Lovely blog x I hadn't heard of Noma until I watched Masterchef recently, the foraged food looked amazing, I hope you get to go some time. Looking forward to your future posts!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah

    Glad you are liking the blog so far! We are still pretty new to it all but getting the hang of it now. Noma has been on my radar for a while and me and the boyfriend have delayed a visit to Copenhagen until we can get a reservation and saved up for it :-)

    Just checked out your blog and I will be following it too, really like the hair styles - I have been trying to achieve that with my hair for a while but no luck. Hopefully we will see a future post of how to achieve it!

    Jade x

    ReplyDelete