Saturday 25 December 2010

The Kirkwood Christmas

For over 40 years my Mum has cooked Christmas dinner for the family. This year was only the second time ever she hasn't cooked. We try and forget about the first time (it was a disastrous trip to a local hotel restaurant) but we hoped the second time would be more successful and it didn't disappoint.

So we all descended on my Sister's and Brother-in-Law's house to consume a lovely dinner. They had laid on a Game Terrine followed by Turkey with 'all the trimmings'. We then finished it off with some of my Mum's now legendary homemade Christmas Pudding.





My job was to sort out the table decorations. I went for a traditional, homely theme of red, green and white which hints of naturals browns which complimented my Sister's kitchen.



With exception of the chargers and the napkins, I made everything from scratch (although my Mum made the table cloth and I just decorated the party poppers). The crackers we so easy to do and the votives were just drinking glassses covered in ribbons. It really got me in the festive mood and I did it all whilst listening (and singing along) to Ray Davies - Imaginary Man on BBC1.

As the next picture proved that dinner was a roaring success...



No comments:

Post a Comment