Sunday 4 December 2011

Cheat's homemade pizza

On a friends recommendation I picked up Jus-Rol Pizza Dough kit from the supermarket, it contains two pre-rolled and ready to bake rectangular pizza doughs and a jar of tomato sauce and then it is up to you what you want to pop on the top.

I was a bit skeptical about this because I wondered if I should just buy a complete ready made pizza instead, which are easy but often dry and limited on the toppings, unless you spends more and a pricey one such as by Pizza Express. Or should I just make one from scratch, dough and all but sometimes I just want an easy life, so this was actually a great compromise.

The dough tasted surprisingly fresh as did the toppings - the first was a classic mature cheddar, pepperoni and mushrooms, the cheese was laid on thick and then covered pretty much completely with the toppings.

The second was covered in feta, thin prosciutto and pine nuts, this tasted creamy and light but was maybe a bit salty due to the choice of cured meat and cheese.

I will definitely be using this kit again even if it is cheating!

No comments:

Post a Comment