Tuesday 18 September 2012

Dirty Burger

After a day of drinking at Ginstock, Mat was craving a good burger. I was not overly hungry but knew I could still manage one even after the epic feast of mini curry, pigeon wrap, oysters and mussels which I had devoured in between seven gin cocktails.

We decided to head to Kentish Town and try Dirty Burger - a few friends had been and raved about it, so on their recommendation we knew it could offer just what we needed to soak up the alcohol of the day.

We found the new Pizza East and entrance to Chicken Shop (both of which, like Dirty Burger are owned by the Soho House group and I want to try soon) but no Dirty Burger - we asked inside Pizza East and was directed to the car park around the back.



As we turned the corner we found a rusty shack leaning up the side of the building and instead could see this is where the burger action was happening. You queue at the counter and choose the only burger on offer - the cheeseburger, pay (a bargain at £5.50 for the burger), take your number and take a seat until it is ready.



There is one large wooden table in the middle which seats about 14 and there about 8 tall stools around the edge, there are newspapers and loads of fresh napkins in the middle which everyone helps themselves to. You can see into the tiny kitchen as they cook your burger to order and in no time it is ready.

Wrapped in traditional greaseproof paper with their branding emblazed across it feels suitable naughty but also quite considered. The burger itself was really good, the meat was juicy and cooked how I like it, the slightly sweet bun and goopey cheese melted on the bun as it cooked was amazing. I didn't realise it would come with the mustard - I don't usually like the stuff but it I have changed my mind when it is balanced with the burger and pickles. We also went for some onion rings and crinkle cut fries - again naughty but worth the calories.


They also serve Birra Moretti on tap, this beer is getting everywhere and is turning into one of my new favourite lagers - especially good with a burger.


We will definitely be going back, but I am not sure how snug it will be in the winter... who cares I will be munching one of the best (and most reasonably priced) burgers in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment