Sunday 13 February 2011

When life gives you lemons...

...make Lemon Shortbread
I followed an extremely easy shortbread recipe from my beloved Canteen cookbook. As always I had to add something extra, in this case I wanted to make lemon shortbread like the ones I remembered my Mum making for my birthday parties when I was a kid.

A pretty successful attempted, although they were probably the thickest shortbread ever! :-)


...make Luscious Lemon Drizzle Cake
A great recipe from Woman's Hour on Radio 4. It was very tasty but a little bit of a 'cooking fail' on my part as my decision to replace icing sugar with caster sugar to make the topping was a foolish as instead of creating a nice runny icing I made a syrup (yeah, I know, it's obvious now I look back on it) which soaked into the cake and although make it extra moist and lemony it also make it tricky to eat. It's a great recipe though and I will so it again, probably!

No comments:

Post a Comment