Thursday 16 June 2011

My favourite things - Shoes & Cakes


Like many girls I love shoes and I love cake (but I think cake would win every time) so when I heard about a collaboration between shoe designer Patrick Cox and pâtissier Eric Lanard I had to share.

The shop named Cox Cookies & Cake is in the heart of Soho and the design of the shop reflects the areas heritage, the seedy side of London - all neon signs and black gloss surfaces. Designed by Bostock and Pollitt it looks like a homage to all things in the red light district but ultimately housing a much sweeter treat inside. The cheeky tone of voice reflects the area too, with 'bite me' on the staff t-shirts.


The actual cupcakes have unusual flavours such as a Queen Cake, an Earl grey flavoured cupcake with lemon frosting and a white chocolate printed profile of the HM The Queen or quirky toppings such as the Beef Cake, a hazelnut praline cupcake topped with an edible bulging bicep.


I haven't had chance to pop down and try it yet but with celebrity endorsements by the likes of Liz Hurley and Kylie I am expecting good things!

They have even launched a book and in true fashionista style the foreword is by Elton John and David Furnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment