Wednesday 29 June 2011

Pay Day Lunch: Abokado

Pay day means a nice treat for lunch day! The past few weeks I have been living on cheap lunches and leftovers so as soon as I get paid I am off to grab something yummy and usually different for lunch.

I have been craving sushi for a few weeks and thought I would try Abokado near work. They have a lovely food philosophy which involves lots of affordable fresh sushi and juices inspired by the owners trip to Australia where all this lovely stuff was readily available to the masses. Most things are healthy, they put a huge emphasis on freshness and quality and the staff were brilliant, one guy ran off to get me a tray as my arms was laden with goodies.


I went for the large 'River Run' Sushi box with Edamame beans, a bit pricey compared to a normal take away lunch at about £7 (but I really didn't need the beans I was just being greedy!) but it was worth every penny. The sushi was fresh and the rice not too sticky and the beans were covered in sea salt, which even though bad for me was delicious. I will definitely be returning as i like the look of all the other things on the menu from their signature Shwarps - a western filling in a sushi roll and the hot noodle soups.

No comments:

Post a Comment