Friday 21 October 2011

Padstow & Rick Stein Overload - Part 3

After all the fish meals we I had so far and a very boozy night (that resulted us going to bed about 5am) the thought of more fish for lunch was not that appealing but we had already chosen our courses for lunch we had no choice!

For lunch before most people headed back to London we were treated to three courses at St Peroc's Bistro, another Rick Stein restaurant. As with all his restaurants they are simply decorated with small details that relate to sea and have a relaxed and slightly rustic feel, making you instantly feel at home. The rooms in this place looked amazing too and I was very jealous of the people who got to stay here.

I started with squid, again the batter was really light and served with smoked pimenton and garlic mayo but the most amazing element of the dish was the tomatoes dressed with fennel - amazing!

This was followed by the most garlicky meal I have ever eaten - hake with potatoes, caramelised garlic, tomato and onion. The garlic paste on top was delicious but if you managed to eat a whole glove it packed a powerful punch but the fish was so soft and flakey it melted in the mouth.


As it was only lunchtime I was starting to feel quite full but I could not resist the sticky toffee pudding with the biggest dollop of clotted cream ever! I again ate it all and then had to have a walk in the sea air and a little nap to get over all the food I had eaten!

No comments:

Post a Comment