Sunday 13 March 2011

The King of Pies


My Sunday lunch this week was a trip to Pieminister at Trentham Gardens. It's a cute brand and the pies all sound delicious and when I finally got to eat one it didn't disappoint. I went for the 'Kate and Wills' pie, a beef pie with pearl onions, bacon, mushrooms, red wine and a hint of brandy. I love the fact the meat was a deep red colour from the wine and the meat was in chunks, a sign of a good pie. I decided to have it with the mash, minty peas and of course gravy.


As well as the pies I also love the enamel ware they used to serve them up in, it's made me want to invest in some, need to wait until I get a bigger kitchen though :-)

1 comment:

  1. We love pieminster pies too! I tried it for the first time at Glastonbury with creamy mash, mushy peas, gravy and crispy shallots. One of our favourite local pubs - The Wilmington Arms serve them, they have two choices that change every day and one of the only times I would ever choose the veggie option over the meat one (as I am a true carnivore!) is for the pm heidi pie. The heidi is goats cheese, sweet potato and spinach - yum!

    You can also buy them in waitrose if I want it at home.

    ReplyDelete