Saturday 12 March 2011

Thrales Restaurant, Lichfield



To celebrate my Dad's Birthday we went out for a family dinner to Thrales. I love the contrast between it's traditional setting and modern European cuisine, plus I was always feel at home when I can see a bottle of Hendrick's behind the bar :-)

My photography doesn't do the food justice and I had to give up completely when my battery died. I've added one picture, it's of Neil's starter, tempura of king prawns with a chilli and orange jam, as I loved the little jar they used to serve the jam, very cute.


Anyway, seen as my photo's were so poor it's best I just tell you what I had. I started with the Scotch smoked salmon with a prawn and pea puree cocktail (the pea puree is served in a little shot glass with layers of tomato and a delicious, creamy sauce). I then had Cornish Lamb with a mint hollandaise (yummy) and a Chroizo, pea and red wine sauce. To finish I picked the trio of chocolate desserts including a apricot and chocolate cheesecake, rich chocolate mousse and a chocolate ganache rolled in crushed amaretti biscuits. Whoever invented the 'trio of desserts' concept is a god in my eyes. Best idea EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment