Tuesday 15 March 2011

Peppermint Creams

When I was a Brownie I can remember making these and taking them home and my Dad scoffing them all. So, as it's his Birthday today I've made him some more, it's been about 20 years since he had some last so hopefully they will be worth the wait.

Unlike in my Brownie days I waited for them to dry out and then dipped in chocolate. I think make a little presentation box and they are ready to be scoffed :-)

I think they make a pretty cute gift, they are simple to make with only a few ingredients need -  egg white, peppermint extract, icing sugar, green food dye (optional), dark chocolate and some elbow grease. You can find out how to do it here.

I'm thinking of branching out into almond creams, same principle but with almond essence and maybe a hint of red food dye to make them pink?

No comments:

Post a Comment