Thursday 20 January 2011

The best curry in London.... so far

Being from Birmingham and the balti being one of the cities favourite dishes I have always been disappointed with Indian restaurants I have visited since moving to the big city... until last night!

I was recommended Lahore Kebab House in Shoreditch (and after visiting the Brick Lane area before and being disappointed and feeling harassed to choose a restaurant I wasn't too hopeful!). It was somewhere I would never have visited as you can't book, the waiting area alone could accommodate a decent sized restaurant, it looks like a cheap hotel restaurant or canteen, it is huge and full of suits from the city, plus there is a rather unattractive sign outside. Despite all of this the food was amazing, especially the grilled lamb chops for starters and the traditional pistachio kulfi to cool down with after but I have never seen it on stick before! One I will visit again and recommend to others and I love BYO restaurants, handily there is an off-license next door too.

No comments:

Post a Comment