Saturday 8 January 2011

Breakfast with Hugh

It's January, a new year and a new chance to be semi-healthy and lose some weight, but a weekend breakfast should be better than the usual Weetabix of a weekday. The calorie laden bacon sarnie and full English isn't really going to cut it so I went on the hunt for a new recipe for my repertoire. Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's latest book 'River Cottage Everyday' had a recipe for drop scones, it seemed a better choice, it still felt like a treat but was lots healther.

It's really simple to do and needs very little ingredients and then once you have them you can chose whatever toppings you like. I opted for a healthy combination of honey, orange and blueberries, although deep down I wanted to smother them in Nutella, maybe I'll wait until February for that when new year resolutions are just a distant memory :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment