Monday 3 January 2011

Crazy Cook-athon

So it's the new year, time to curb the gluttony and spending. I discovered a copy of Jamie's Ministry of Food that was languishing on the bookshelf and it inspired me to do some old school batch cooking. What became a challenge to fill the freezer with with healthy goodness for January become a marathon cooking sessions.




I went shopping at 2pm and had begun cooking earlier in the day. I think all in all I was cooking for about 6 hours but I have a freezer full off:

Chicken and Veg Soup - inspired by Jamie's Spring Veg Soup but I needed to use it leftover roast chicken and veggies.



Jamie's Meatballs - I did swapped the Jacob Cream Crackers for Multigrain Ryvita's, hopefully it will work ok :-S



Beef Kofta's - inspired by Jamie's Burger recipe.




Jamie's Chilli Con Carne - with Heston's addition of star anise.

Jamie's Spag Bol.

Chilli (left) and Spag Bol (right)
Cottage Pie - inspired by Jamie's Minced Beef Pie, I starting flagging at the thought of making pastry as well already had too much washing up!


Jamie's Lasagna - but I made a white sauce (the first time ever!) instead of using crème fraîche as I didn't have any.

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's Fruit Muffins - made with lots of blueberries. I hope they will rise a bit more next time but they taste yummy.










Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment