Monday 17 January 2011

Lasagne Queen - the second!


Strangely I cooked a lasagne from scratch this weekend too and it was the first time I have made
béchamel sauce. I used Nigel Slater's recipe for the bolognese meat sauce which worked really well even though I was surprised by using milk in it - I have never heard of this before but it made it feel really rich and almost creamy. Then I used Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's recipe for béchamel sauce. Served with crunchy green beans and washed down with a medium bodied red wine - Palastri Sangiovese Di Romagna. The wine had hints of cherry and a chocolately finish, it went perfectly with this meaty pasta dish, especially as it was half price!

1 comment:

  1. This looks good :-) I like the fact that you've got the same amount of veg as lasagna. Muchos healthy!

    ReplyDelete