Friday 14 January 2011

The Boundry - The Return


Last night we returned to The Boundry to treat another work client to a New Year dinner. We had the private room again so the waiter could draw the curtains and separate us from the rest of the restaurant when we got too noisy and drunken. The food again was amazing, as was the service.


We had smoked salmon for starters, steak in a red wine jus with amazing potato dauphinoise, parsnips and spinach, then ended with a chocolate mousse and honeycomb ice cream wrapped in honeycomb.

One of the things they do really well is cocktails! I went for Cuban Winter again but thought I would try something else after (I had already had champagne, white AND red wine so I didn't think mixing cocktails would make the hangover any worse!) - A Petite Julie. It contains a scrummy but lethal combination of vodka, peach liqueur, apple and lemon juice, sweet basil and egg white, I would never have chosen but our lovely waiter chose it for me, it was almost a meal in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment