Monday 10 January 2011

Tomorrows Lunch

Been back to my cookbooks to make a Tabula Kisir from 'River Cottage Everyday' and cookies from Canteen's 'Great British Food'.  

Tabula Kisir is described as ‘Turkish, herby, spicy, bulghur wheat’. I didn't have bulghur wheat so I substituted it for a box of Quinoa that's been lurking at the back of the cupboard for months making this healthy lunch a super healthy lunch. 

It's a salad made by mixing the cooked Quinoa in a dressing containing tomato puree, dried chilli, cumin, lemon juice, paprika and olive oil. You then mix in roasted walnuts, tomatoes, red onion, parsley, mint and peppers. 



Anyway it tastes yum and makes up for the fact I'll be consuming cookies afterward :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try that, it looks great and super healthy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll type up the recipe and send it over to make sure I've not missed anything out. You can make it with couscous too :-) x

    ReplyDelete