Wednesday 12 January 2011

Who said to many cooks spoil the broth?

I thought I would treat myself to some cookbooks for the new year and add some more dishes to my repertoire. I am quite addicted to cookery programs and if there is nothing on TV I will put anything food related on the box.

I really enjoyed watching Nigella's Kitchen towards the end of 2010, she has always annoyed me before but I really got in to her style of cooking and her personality has grown on me, especially the sneaking down to raid the leftovers in the fridge at the end of the programme. Plus I want that lady's pantry!


Next up is Jamie Oliver's 30 Minute Meals, I have longed loved Jamie's attitude to cooking (along with the rest of the country making this book the best selling book for christmas) but the concept of serving platters of food really appeals to me as I am a 'feeder'.


Lastly I purchased Rachel Allen's Entertaining at Home, to be honest I think she uses too much salt in her cooking and is quite patronising but god can she cook! So thought I would give that a whirl as it is a bargain on Amazon!


Plus the food photography is amazing, beautifully propped and shot - they are all a real inspiration for work.

Can't wait to get cooking and then blogging about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment