Wednesday 26 January 2011

Retro 3D Collage

Wanted to share these pictures as I think they are so charming. Not only does it satisfy my love of collage, food and anything retro but also the little angelic girls remind me of The Borrowers, god I used to love that programme when I was a kid.

Image via www.designspongeonline.com
Image via www.designspongeonline.com
Image via www.designspongeonline.com
Image via www.designspongeonline.com
Image via www.designspongeonline.com
They're from design*sponge, a fab blog with lots of crafty and design ideas and well worth a look (I particularly like the DIY section). These images are a selection of some Swedish groceries with retro models added from an old sewing books. They were all created by photographer Jenny Brandt who contributes to design*sponge and can also be find on her own blog Dos Family.

I've always been a fan of collage since I was young and I think it's really interesting to mix the 3D and 2D elements, I love how she's played around with scale and I especially love the black and white images against the coloured packaging. I also like the fact she's found another use for old sewing books, I've got loads. Maybe this will inspire some of our future food photography on Foodie Faces?  

No comments:

Post a Comment