Monday 9 May 2011

Easy Dinner - Veg Chilli Pasta

We all have those dinners that we turn to when we have hardly anything in the cupboards and fridge and can whip up really quickly on return from work, this recipe is the one I turn to the most and uses lots of cheeky cheats.

I am a big lover of the Very Lazy pre-chopped ingredients as I always have them in my fridge so even if I haven't made it to the shops and feeling very lazy myself I have some of my favourites flavours in.

This pasta recipe was adapted from a Waitrose recipe card and is really simple and only takes 15 minutes. It is a vegetarian recipe which is great as I always try and have a few meat free days each week as it is better for the environment and my health, to find out more check out meatfreemondays.com, an initiative originally set up by Paul McCartney.

Simple Veggie Pasta with chilli, garlic and lemon
Serves 2

Ingredients:
• Fresh or dried pasta, enough for two people
• Vegetables of choice, chopped into bite size chunks (I like green vegetables to add a hit of colour such as tenderstem broccoli, courgette and sugar snap peas)
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1 red chilli, finely chopped
• Zest of half a lemon
• Parmesan, grated to serve


Method:
• Cook the pasta according to pack instructions
• 5 minutes before the pasta is done, fry the chilli and garlic in the olive oil for a a couple of minutes until soft
• Add the vegetables and stir fry for 3-4 minutes so they keep their crunch
• Drain the pasta but reserve about 50ml of the cooking water
• Add the pasta to the vegetables, chilli and garlic with the reserved cooking water and lemon zest, season well.
• Plate up and add parmesan on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment