Friday 27 May 2011

The Green

As a lunchtime treat to say goodbye to a work colleague we all went to The Green in Clerkenwell. Just around the corner from work is this bright dining room with a pub atmosphere, the food is a bit pricey for just a lunch so is therefore used for special occasions.

The menu changes daily but you can always guarantee fish and chips with the chips wrapped up in the previous days menu, a roast meat, salad and a fish dish plus some other mains. Today I went for the roast chicken with corn and homemade coleslaw (and though how much Em would like this bit especially as I was tucking in!), served on a wooden board is looked the right side of rustic. It was delicious especially washed down with a rhubarb flavoured gin and tonic.

I love it here and the food is brilliant, just wish I could go more often but spying the bar menu with 5 tasty tapas for just £10 I might have to make it a more regular thing.

1 comment:

  1. I love The Green ! We've been going there for our Christmas lunch for the past 3 years. Great fun and food.

    ReplyDelete