Thursday 19 May 2011

Growing the Unusual

Back in April I blogged my excitement of getting my hands on a free  Hendricks Gin Cucumber Cultivation Kit. Since then I've been lovingly nurturing the little seeds, well most of the time, a weekend in Barcelona and a short break to London meant they had to be revived after a near death experience and after a short stay in my Dad's greenhouse they were knocked over, but apart from that it's been TLC all the way.

Anyway, I must of inherited my Dad's green-fingers as these are my Hendricks cucumber plants today. 


My Dad also planted all the other seeds (there were about 30 in the packet) and they all have grown in strong plants and have been passed to various people. I'm impressed as so often with plant based freebies they don't grow, but this was well worth the four Hendricks I had to drink in order to get my seeds!

Can't wait until I actually have cucumbers, the perfect excuse for more Hendricks G&T's :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment