Monday 18 April 2011

The 90 Day Cafe

Situated in the beautiful Great Western Arcade in Birmingham The 90 Day Cafe is an independent cafe offering great food, fantastic cupcakes, a chilled atmosphere and bags of personality all at a VERY reasonable price. If you haven't been go, I am so passionate about supporting these quirky places and help to make Birmingham a bit less 'chain dependent'.


I went for a sausage sandwich, I think you can judge a place on their sausage sarnie, and I wasn't disappointed the sausages were good quality the bread was thick with lashing of butter and HP brown sauce.  Jade went for a slightly more healthier option a butternut squash and feta salad...


You could tell that everything is clearly made fresh from good ingredients and if that wasn't good enough....


They have an awesome selection of cupcakes, Jade opted for the Oreo Cupcake, and I went for the Berry Cheese Cupcake...


We sat upstairs where there is lots of seating and the atmosphere is really relaxed. I loved the mis-matched reclaimed furniture, the friends knitting in the corner, the daft crayon drawings stuck on the wall by kids 'aged 25' and the little sign stating 'Your Mum would love it here'.

It's got a really homely feel, there's nothing pretentious from the food to the decor to the staff, it's a friendly, honest place that put a big smile on my face. I am really looking forward to going back soon :-) So many cakes, such little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment