Monday 25 April 2011

Mr and Mrs

Not only did I have the pleasure of attending the Wedding of Mr and Mrs Richards, but they also asked me to design their wedding stationery and I was very proud to see my work looked so pretty (obviously not as beautiful as the Bride).

Hand-cut Bird Table Name Card
Table Menu
Place Name Card

Table Plan
The day was brilliant, but this is a food blog so why am I talking about weddings? Well, because for me the day's food menu was an exciting concept, bringing together the Groom's Caribbean roots and his love of apple crumble and custard (just say the work custard and I'm there!) and the Bride's love of cheese and meat.

For main there was a choice of: Stew Chicken, Curried Goat, Escoveitch Fish or Vegetarian Curry all served with rice, peas and seasonal vegetables. I picked the Curried Goat, which was yummy but I had to sacrifice some of my rice and peas in favour of saving room for the impending crumble! It was great to get the opportunity to try something different that I haven't yet cooked for myself by a chef who knows what they are doing.

The wedding cake was beautiful, I'm yet to try it but assured there's a piece with my name on it...


And there was also a cake of cheese, which unfortunately I didn't get a snap of, but it goes a little somthig like this...


Towards the end of the evening the hog roast was brought out, there's never a minute in the day when hot pork, apple sauce and stuffing on a white bap isn't a brilliant idea.

Ace day all round!

No comments:

Post a Comment