Sunday 24 April 2011

Susan&Co.

Today is was my Big Sis's Birthday so I created a Tiffany&Co. inspired cake in her honor...



The blueberry, vanilla and lemon loaf cake was made by modifying my tried and (very well) tested Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall recipe for Lemon Trickle Cake from his River Cottage Everyday book.

Fresh Blueberries were added to the basic sponge mix along with the zest of one lemon and one teaspoon of vanilla essence. Once baked the cooled cake was topped with an icing sugar and lemon juice icing (see the Hendricks Gin Cupcake post for details) that was coloured with a mixture of baby blue and green food dye in order to gain the Tiffany blue hue.

Once that had set a little I decorated it with fresh blueberries covered in edible silver dust, edible silver balls and non edible white ribbon bows.  To finish I created a little sleeve for the cake to sit inside, made from white card with a scalloped edge and embelished with white ribbon and 'Susan&Co.' branding.

The Birthday Girl was happy and she say's it tastes good, so I'm very happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment